There will be some lucky ladies at this year's Choices
Choices 2016, the Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando's annual women's philanthropy event, is focused primarily on giving. But some who attend will be receiving, going home with a valuable piece of art, jewelry or other prize from the popular Choices Raffle.
Women purchase Choices Raffle tickets for $25 each (or 5 tickets for $100), then get to choose which item(s) they would like to win and deposit their ticket in the appropriate ticket bowl during the event on Feb. 9 at Congregation Ohev Shalom in Maitland. Drawings are held for all of the raffle items at the end of the evening.
Raffle prizes are donated by Florida retailers, artists, businesses and individuals. Money raised from the raffle goes to support the Federation's 2016 Do Good Annual Campaign.
The Choices ambassadors and co-chairs have lined up several impressive items for this year's raffle, and they will continue to work hard behind the scenes right up until the Feb. 9 event to secure additional prizes, all of which will be on display at the event.
With an estimated value of at least $2,500, the premiere raffle prize for Choices 2016 is a piece titled "Playing with the Ball," a whimsical image depicting a fun day at the beach by renowned Miami-based pop artist Stephen Gamson. "Playing with the Ball" is a 43- x 36-inch Limited Edition Iris print on archival paper, signed and numbered by the artist.
Gamson's work is inspired by the multicultural and tropical environment that surrounds him. He is known for reducing an idea to its essence by incorporating silhouette forms. Gamson's work has a unique style easily recognized by its bold colors, iconic symbols and mass appeal, and his use of color reflects an optimistic outlook on life. His art has been featured at Art Basel Miami Beach, the Scope Art Fair, the Red Dot Art Show, Art Miami, and in many solo and group exhibitions internationally, where he is collected by "A-list" celebrities and corporations. The Gamson mark has enhanced brands such as Bacardi, Cafe Bustelo, Lamborghini, Brera Orologi and Fisker Automotive.
Gamson's artwork is sure to be a popular draw, but the Choices Raffle also features several other prizes to suit just about every taste. Here's a look at some of the other great items that will be given away at Choices 2016:
• Necklace and bracelet set from Addeo Jewelers. Value $1,000.
• Judith Leiber handbag donated by Harriett Lake. Value $500.
• Earring set: 14K Rose Gold Marigolds with long black Spinel gemstones by Lauren Sigman Jewelry. Value $375.
• Gift Certificate from Gay Harrison Handcrafted Couture Jewelry. Value $300.
• 4 rounds of golf and lunch for 4 at Alaqua Country Club in Longwood. Value: $350.
• Ultimate Beauty Kit, which includes Mary Kay City Modern Color Collection cosmetics and a personal skin care and color workshop by Shari Dworkin-Smith, along with a three-piece makeup bag set by Chico's. Value: $180.
• Reserved Parking Space: The lucky winner will have exclusive use, for one full year, of a reserved parking space in a prime location on the Maitland Jewish Community Campus. Value: Priceless.
The list of prizes is expected to grow between now and the Feb. 9 event. The latest list of raffle prizes with photos is available at http://www.jfgo.org/choices. Tickets for the raffle can be purchased in advance on the jfgo website or in person at Choices 2016 on Feb. 9.
Choices 2016 will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 9, at Congregation Ohev Shalom in Maitland. Registration will remain open through late January. You can register online at http://www.jfgo.org/choices, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling the Federation office at 407-645-5933, ext. 236.
Read more about Choices 2016 at http://www.jfgo.org/choices.