Need Senior advice? Call the Orlando Senior Help Desk
February 16, 2018
The Jewish Pavilion's Orlando Senior Help Desk is a free information and referral service for seniors of all faiths and their family members.
"When family members call us, they are often in a crisis; someone fell or was hospitalized and they need immediate help," Pavilion CEO Nancy Ludin explained. "We answer their questions, offer advice, suggest resources and refer them to our website for more information."
The Jewish Pavilion website contains a wealth of information, but what it wants most is to provide personal service. When you call the office, 407-678-9363, there is an experienced social worker who can listen and answer your questions.
Because Jewish Pavilion staff and volunteers visit hundreds of residents in over 70 retirement communities, assisted-living residences and nursing homes in Orange and Seminole counties, the Jewish Pavilion can share its knowledge of these communities. When the Jewish Pavilion first started in 2001, all questions posed pertained to residential care settings. Over the years, the Jewish Pavilion staff has expanded their networking and can share what they have learned and the resources pertaining to the following and more:
• Selecting an assisted-living community
• Selecting a nursing Home
• Medicaid planning
• Finding the right physician
• Choosing a hospice provider
• What to look for in a professional guardian
• How to know when it's time for Elder Care
• Criteria for choosing a rehabilitation program
• How to select a home-care provider
• How to find the right Elder Care law attorney
• What health and long-term care plans are available
• Options for Seniors with dementia