Cinco de Mahj at COS
April 12, 2019
Mark your calendar for May 5, as Congregation Ohev Shalom's Sisterhood hosts its annual mahjong tournament. This year's event, Cinco de Mahj will have a festive slant.
The cost of the tournament is $36 per person, and $45 after April 26. The tournament will include snacks, a delicious lunch, a silent auction with baskets filled with items such as restaurant gift cards, products, services and lots of fun items. New this year is a cash prize award for the top score. Registration begins promptly at 11a.m. One round of mahjong will be played, followed by lunch, then two more rounds of mahjong. The new 2019 card will be used in this year's tournament.
The mahjong tournament is one of the Sisterhood's major fundraisers. All monies raised at the Cinco de Mahj tournament benefit the various children, family and older adult programs and services. Here are a few "Did You Know" examples of the many special ways the Sisterhood positively impacts the lives of our synagogue:
• Summer camp scholarships to assist families is more than $2,500 in allocations
• Twice a year our students away at college receive wonderful boxes of goodies, and this represents more than $2,000 in allocations
• Transportation for the students is provided to conventions, which amounts to $2,000 in funding
• The Sisterhood provides High Holiday snacks for the Religious School students.
• FREE first-year USY dues to all bar and bat mitzvah students, representing $2,000 of its budget
• For special events, the Sisterhood makes a contribution to the Yom Kippur Break Fast, gala and much, much more!
Come meet new friends, see "old" friends that you haven't seen in a while and have fun. The registration form can be found on Ohev Shalom's homepage at http://www.ohevshalom.org below the 'Join our Mailing List' section or contact co-chairs Debbie Bellinkoff at 407-739-7130 or Es Cohen at 407-765-6806.