Kinneret Apartments and KCOA issue heightened COVID-19 protocols
April 17, 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve and impact our country and our world, Kinneret Apartments and the Kinneret Council on Aging continue to intensely focus on preventing the spread of the virus within its 280 apartment independent living community. Collectively, they released the following statement regarding the heightened infection prevention protocols:
"We are all aware of the extraordinary impact that the coronavirus is having on our communities, country and world. Today, we assure you that we are focused on the health and wellbeing of our residents as well as our employees.
Already in place at Kinneret were strict health and safety guidelines, carried out by our front-line staff and management team. As part of a statewide collaboration through our membership in LeadingAge Florida, we are working closely with the governor's office, the Florida Department of Health, the Department of Elder Affairs, the Agency for Health Care Administration and other state agencies to monitor COVID-19. Our focus has been and continues to be on prevention, education and training. We are continuously gathering information to ensure we are as prepared as we can be, and to ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of our residents. We are attending daily calls with public health officials and clinical and quality experts to discuss best practices for preparation and response to the virus. We are following the CDC and local and state health mandates and continue to monitor the most up-to-date information on how we need to care for and protect our senior residents and employees."
In response to the crisis, here are the key, critical protocols that have been implemented:
• Beginning on March 12th, ongoing communication has been distributed to each resident including precautions to promote health, suggested travel restrictions, promoting social distancing and a no visitor policy. All communication is provided to residents in English, Spanish and Russian.
• Signs have been posted throughout the two-building complex with reminders on healthy habits along with the no visitor policy posted at each entrance.
• Additional materials have addressed the cancellation of numerous onsite events including Bingo, exercise classes and the Tuesday Café as well as cancellation of all offsite excursions. A modified food delivery system has been implemented for the twice a month Food Pantry to limit contact amongst residents.
• Information was sent out that addressed symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if you suspect you are ill.
• A Facebook page was created for Kinneret Residents so that they may communicate with other residents and adult coloring books and other individual activity items are being distributed to residents as to address the mental health aspect of social distancing.
• Common areas are cleaned daily with additional hand sanitizers now located throughout the complex.
Kinneret Apartments and the Kinneret Council on Aging will continue to communicate with residents to keep them informed on up-to-date news and mandates as it relates to the virus and CDC and local and state directives.
Located in vibrant downtown Orlando, Kinneret Apartments provides affordable, independent senior housing with amenities and social activities that enhance the lives of our residents. Kinneret Council on Aging provides additional support and enrichment through educational, spiritual and social programs that further create a warm and loving atmosphere. For more information on the facility or to find out how you can donate to the Kinneret Council on Aging please go to http://www.kinneretliving.org or contact Sharon F. Weil at firstname.lastname@example.org or Laurel MacDonald at email@example.com.