WHO fumes as China blocks entry to team studying COVID-19 origins
January 15, 2021
(Israel Hayom via JNS) — The World Health Organization has leveled strong criticism at China for refusing entry to a team seeking to investigate the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a rare rebuke, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said two scientists on the agency’s team had already left their home countries for Wuhan when they were told that Chinese officials had not granted the necessary permissions for them to enter the country.
The arrangements had been jointly agreed with China in advance, reported CNN.
“I am very disappointed with this news,” Tedros said at...